We collect and store the personally identifiable information about our donors, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect such information.
- When you request information or purchase tickets via our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or by mail, whether postal or an electronic format, we may collect such information as you provide.
- We may collect your contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your contact and payment information when you purchase a ticket or make a contribution, whether on our website, over the phone, or by mail.
- From time to time, we may collect personal information about you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your giving history or information, collected on the website or through any other business activities, with anyone else, except in general terms, as published in our Season Program Book, which lists donors by annual giving level.
- We do not share with third parties personal contact information such as e-mail addresses or phone numbers. We do occasionally send lists of patrons’ names and postal addresses to mail houses on behalf of a small number of other organizations. Such lists are for one-time use only, and are strictly monitored to assure that they are not misused. All donors and patrons have the right to request that they not be included in such list trades.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or to comply with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights, or to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card, we will use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Director of Development, 8390 NW 25th Street, Miami, FL 33122.
Revised August 30, 2012