We want opera to be more accessible, more enjoyable and to reach more people.”
— Matt Cooksey, Director of Artistic Administration
Florida Grand Opera’s ZIP CODE tour is a new initiative designed to bring vibrant opera performances to nontraditional venues in a wide range of zip codes throughout Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
FGO partners with communities and venues to visit nontraditional performance sites and underserved communities across Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. The Florida Grand Opera Studio Artists will travel throughout South Florida to offer fun, family-friendly, and free concerts that make live opera more accessible than ever before.
The tours run February 27-March 3, 2024 in Miami-Dade County and from March 5-9, 2023 in Broward County with performances in libraries, churches, schools, condominiums, and other public and private venues.
“As a singer and artist administrator, I know from personal experience that when people encounter opera up close and personal as they do in these tours, they can’t help but fall in love with it. And it enriches their lives.”
— Neil Nelson, Samuel M. Townsend Studio Artist Program Manager
- FREE to presenting organizations and audiences.
- Each concert runs 60–75 minutes.
- Repertoire includes popular opera arias, Broadway songs, and ensembles.
- Featuring artists from the renowned Florida Grand Opera Studio: sopranos Sara Kennedy and Hayley Lipke, mezzo-soprano Taylor Alexis DuPont, tenor Joseph McBrayer, baritone Joseph Canuto Leon, and bass-baritone Keith Klein.
- Inspired by Opera Memphis’s “Thirty Days of Opera” tour.
Your Zip Code might be the perfect spot for a performance!
Want a concert in your community?
- Venues must be indoors and seat between 100-500 people
- A piano is preferred but not required
Contact Director of Artistic Administration Matt Cooksey by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (305) 403.3293.